- Worldwide battles and trading using WiFi.
- Real-time clock feature changes the time of day based on the DS clock. The Pokemon you can catch vary based on the region and the time of day. Also, certain Pokemon moves’ power changes based on time.
- More elaborate Pokemon Contests. Players can use the accessories and dress up their Pokemon. Players make “Poffin” out of Berries to rasie their Pokemon’s contest stats.
- New dual-type Pokemon, new/altered moves, and new special abilities add to the already deep strategy of Pokemon battling.
- 3-D enviornments and updated graphics.
The first DS chapter of the continuing saga of Nintendo’s “collect ’em all” RPG series. Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl offer a number of exciting new features to please both experienced and new Pokemon fans alike. Set in an entirely new region called “Sinnoh,” players can choose to begin their adventure as either a boy or girl Pokemon trainer on a path to becoming Pokemon League Champion. The adventure continues as players can bring Pokemon from their Game Boy Advance Pokemon games to Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl using the GBA game slot on their Nintendo DS. As players trade and collect Pokemon to complete their Pokedex in this new challenge, for the first time they’ll have the chance to catch new Pokemon, Munchlax and Weavile. They also can play via local wireless with up to eight other trainers while new moves and abilities deepen strategy.